Call us today! (603) 783-0220
We offer a 90 minute presentation on the Monarch Butterfly and are available to speak at your meetings. Perfect for a garden club, conservation commission, civic group or community program.
Learn about the life-cycle of the monarch, their amazing migration, the reason for their decline and what we can do about it. We also show how we tag monarchs for research and explain how to start your own milkweed patch and butterfly habitat. Please contact us if you would like to schedule a program.
email@example.com 126 Baptist Rd., Canterbury, NH 03224
FOLLOW THE MONARCH
There are a couple of web sites that I highly recommend to find out more about the Monarch Butterfly.
Check out Monarch Watch if you are interested in planting a Monarch Way Station or learn more about tagging as a citizen scientist.
Check out Journey North to find out where the monarchs are at any given time. This is a very kid friendly site.
5th Annual MONARCH FESTIVAL
Saturday, Sept. 9th, 2017
9 AM - 4PM, rain or shine
$5 suggested donation for adults, kids are free!
We have a lot to celebrate at this year's festival because the monarch butterfly is experiencing a great rebound in numbers! Jim and I, and many others in Canterbury, have reported seeing monarch butterflies and caterpillars on their milkweed, something most have not experienced in the last 5 years. Join us as we rejoice in this news and continue to share how we can all help bring back the monarchs, and help all pollinators as well!
9:30 - 11 AM Dramatic Presentation Workshop
Angela Pitrone, drama instructor at Belmont High School, will work with kids of all ages to create a drama presentation about Monarchs. If your child would like to participate please sign up by calling us at 783-0220 or completing the form below and email us. The workshop is free, space is limited to the first 10 kids who sign up.
11 AM - Dramatic Presentation about Monarchs
11:30 AM - Parade of Wings ~ Wear your fairy, butterfly, bat or bird wings and join our celebration parade through the gardens.
Beauty Hill Naturals, Nourishing Body & Spirit
Handcrafted natural body care, safely using essential oils.
Nature-based education materials to help children connect to the natural world
* Observe our caterpillar rearing tent; we'll do Monarch tagging demonstrations (if we have any Monarchs emerging that day).
* Fun games and activities for kids in our Nature Explore Outdoor Classroom.
* Visit our "Monarch Maternity Ward" garden to search for Monarch eggs, caterpillars, chrysalises, and butterflies.
* Tour our 27 Theme Gardens with 300 varieties of flowers, vegetables, herbs and native plants.
* Learn about the plight of the Monarch at our "Monarch Education Station."
* Learn about Butterfly Gardening and see our Monarch Way Station.
* Bring your gardening questions and ask a Master Gardener.
* Take a selfie in the Monarch "photo booth!"
* Walk on our .6 miles of nature trails, and learn to identify 20 native tree species.
* Visit the garden and craft shop at our farm stand.
* Free Milkweed seeds available while supplies last.
Check back for additional information about the Festival as we get closer to the day of the event.
Look for the “Monarch” signs to direct you to 126 Baptist Rd. Please leave pets at home. Carpooling is encouraged. We hope to see you there!
Also happening on the 9th is Garlic Days at Two Sisters Garlic on Clough Tavern Rd. in Canterbury. It's a great day to come to Canterbury!
Best Outdoor Classroom